Thursday, May 22, 2008

When the Cat's Away...

It's party time at Tyrcuill because my Mum is away on vacation. For two and a half weeks I can make as much mess as I like and no one will yell at me!

I am being good though. I am helping Laura to look after my Dad and I am helping Laura to do her exercises. Take tonight for instance: Laura was doing her usual interpretive dance sort of routine, then she lay down on the floor. Then she sat up again. Then she lay down again. Then she sat up again. Down. Up. Down. Up. Obviously she was having difficulty deciding where she wanted to be, so I went over to help her.

When I got to Laura's side, she said hello, but she kept right on sitting up, lying down, sitting up, lying down. At first I wasn't sure what I could do to help, so I sniffed around a bit to try to figure it out.

Every time Laura lay down, she would raise her arms up over her head. When she did this, I noticed that her arm pits were really sweaty. Ah ah! Now I knew how I could help!

My friend Laura likes to be clean. Obviously she couldn't keep the sweat off her arm pits while she was still trying to figure out if she wanted to be sitting up or lying down, so I decided to clean them for her.

My idea turned out to be a good one because, as soon as I started licking her arm pits, Laura lay back down on the floor and stayed there. Obviously I helped her to decide what to do! Also, once Laura realized she wanted to be lying down, she was so happy she started to laugh. She laughed and she laughed and she couldn't stop for a long time. It is always good to make people laugh.

See how helpful I am?

No comments: