Saturday, September 15, 2007

Kendal's First Camping Adventure - Day 2 - Breakfast & Plans

I wasn't so sure about going inside the big dome last night. I thought I would lie down outside the door to be near Laura and keep her safe, but Laura said no, to come on inside, so I did. Turns out it is pretty nice inside the tent. Laura has a big poofy red sleeping bag for her bed and I have my special red travelling bed, so we were cosy and comfy and warm and had a good night's sleep.

This morning, Laura built a fire to cook breakfast. Laura had whole wheat apple pancakes with spicy sausage and maple syrup, and I had one of my favourite peanut butter cookies and some apple which I shared with Laura. Then we gathered some more firewood and returned to camp to plan our day.

There are over 27km of hiking trails in Rondeau Park and Laura and I have three days to cover all of them. They're not all loops, so we will need to walk some of them twice to get back to camp, and they don't all start near the campground, so it will be a lot of hiking! We decided to walk the longest trail on our first day.

No comments: