Monday, June 18, 2007

Busy Weekend

Hello friends!

It has been a busy weekend for Princess Kendal and friends.

Brother John and his family were visiting us, and I had to go out and about in the community to greet my many admirers.

On Saturday, we went to a park in Morpeth. There were lots of animals there, including this Triceratops:



Now, I thought Triceratops were coloured with all the colours of the rainbow so I was a bit confused by this strange creature that guarded the entrance to the park, but I soon found out that many of the animals in Morpeth have had all the colour bleached out of them.

There were white swans there



and white pea fowl



and even white racoons!



The star attraction of the park, however, was...



You guessed it! Me, me, me!
Everyone wanted to stroke my fur and be my friend -- and why not? I am beautiful, and I don't bite or spit (unlike some of the animals at the park), and I am a princess! Everyone likes to be in the presence of royalty.

It was a hot day, and hard work giving audience to so many of my admiring fans. I had to climb up this tall tower with Laura to look out over my lands



and Laura forgot to bring my water bottle so I had to drink from John's pop can



(on which I cut my tongue -- ouch!) but it is important when you are a princess to try to keep all of your people happy, so I walked about the whole grounds, greeting everyone who wished an audience with me, then I retired to a nice shady spot on the lawn with my Dad



for a rest, but still holding court.

After that, I retired to my castle for a good night's sleep. I needed to be fresh and well-rested for the next day's adventures, which proved to be another day of visiting the surrounding community and making new friends.

No comments: